Nand Flash on 2.6.18

Vitaly Wool vwool at ru.mvista.com
Tue Mar 27 01:52:08 CST 2007

Hi,

Hitesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to boot Davinci EVM from NAND flash
> On this uboot is working fine
> I tried to port NAND FLASH driver of 2.6.10 kernel to 2.6.18 but
>      it is showing ..some message tha t unable to handle kernel paging
> request ... (complete message is given below )
The problem is you can't just "port" the NAND chip driver from 2.6.10 to
2.6.18 by just cut'n'paste.
The MTD subsystem has undergone a serious reorg in 2.6.18 so you first
need to look at it, and at how other drivers have been changed in
2.6.18, to be able to port the NAND driver in the right way.

Vitaly